- Making the most of the Planner Database (19 March)
- This webinar focused on the PCoP's Planner Database Tool, which stores and reports the
knowledge, skills, and abilities of USACE planners. This tool has an easy-to-use web
interface with information organized by sub-Community of Practice (sub-CoP), and many
other ways of filtering and retrieving data. The Planner Database is a part of the
PlanUSACE suite of tools that also includes the Planning Assistance Library (PAL) and
Assistance to Planning Teams (APT). Sara O'Connell (hydraulic engineer and Planner
Database lead, HEC) provided an overview of how to easily navigate the website and
input and retrieve the data planners need - including registering a planner in different
sub-CoPs, looking up information on other planners, and applying for Agency Technical
Review (ATR) Certification.
- Planning Training and Planner Database (6 July)
- Ms. Jodi Creswell, Environmental Planning Branch Chief, St. Paul District, provided an update on Planning Training, the Planning
Associates Program and the Planner Database. The webinar gave an overview of the three core planning PROSPECT courses that
all planners are required to take. Ms. Creswell encouraged planners to update their profile in the Planner Database and provided
information on the FY18 Planning Associates Program.
- Annual Profile Updates Needed and Reporting Training Metrics (4 August)
- Ms. Jodi Creswell, HQ Planning and Policy, and Ms. Erin Rooks, Institute for Water Resources, taught planners how to update their
planner profiles in the Planner Database and described how this information is used to
manage planning workforce and report on Planner Training Metrics. Planner Profiles should be updated annually and updates
should be completed by 15 September 2016.
- Planner Database (1 October)
- Erin Rooks, USACE Institute for Water Resources, provided an overview and demonstration of the USACE Planner Database, which is a single hub for Corps Planners and those that work with
them to identify and find planners in each district and Planning Sub-CoP; gather Community statistics; record training and identify
training needs; track ATR Certification and find ATR Certified Planners; and more.
- Planning Subject Matter Expertise Database (21 August)